A bespoke OTAP programme can be held for your own TAs, either on site at your school or at Ashton on Mersey Teaching School. The on site offer is becoming more attractive as it reduces travel time and cost. If you would like further information please contact Lorraine Ward, Teaching School Operation Lead, to enquire about a bespoke programme at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 973 1179 ext 2294.
Price for standard programme:
£435.00 + VAT per delegate (+or- 5%)
This programme is for teaching assistants who are, or who have the potential to be outstanding in their roles. It is intended to develop the potential for TAs to have a wider impact on improving the quality of teaching and learning across the school.
This is the BRAND NEW programme from OLEVI, based on the highly acclaimed and successful OTP and ITP that many of your teaching staff may have attended.
What does it involve?
Each programme comprises five sessions over five or six weeks. The key ingredient is the opportunity to share previous experience, existing expertise and new learning with colleagues in a safe, supportive and challenging environment. Participants will feel inspired and motivated to take their learning back into their schools, to make an immediate impact in their own practice, with the pupils they support, their SEN colleagues and the wider teaching staff.
The programme will focus on a range of aspects of teaching and learning such as challenge, engagement, assessment, differentiation, questioning and planning. There are facilitated practical sessions and lesson observations at the host school, with linked practical tasks back in your own school to apply what you learn.
What will it achieve?
Having completed the course participants will…
- Place a greater emphasis on the purpose and value of the lessons they support
- Raise levels of engagement and achievement in learning
- Use different methods and styles of support to challenge learners
- Innovate and take risks
- Have a bigger impact on the planning and assessment for the learners they support
- Demonstrate a higher level understanding of teaching and learning
- Be able to coach colleagues to raise performance
Programme content includes:
- What does an outstanding teaching assistant look like?
- Key definitions and audits of strengths & weaknesses
- New learning on differentiation
- Understanding assessment
- In-school practice
- Developing a success criteria
- Action planning and evaluation
- What is effective questioning?